16 Dec 2015
- 0 Comment(s)
The Honeywell security system understands the importance of home security just as it promotes the convenience of wireless monitoring and control for your alarm system from anywhere in the world. Burglary and other crimes remain high, and offenders are becoming bold and sophisticated in their modus operandi. To properly secure your property and loved ones, it is essential that you maximize available technologies such as WiFi connectivity to bolster your home security. when i was a bird via Flickr Quickly pack an extra punch for your home security with this easy DIY guide in installing your Honeywell security system to your WiFi network.
1. Go over the manual
Reviewing the manual will take you no more than 10 to 15 minutes. You don’t need to memorize everything, though. But it is important that you arm yourself with an overview of the different features of your security system which requires WiFi connection, such as video camera control and location information.
2. Learn the function keys and icons
Have a clear idea of the function keys and corresponding icons or buttons. For example, the WiFi status displayed in the upper-left corner of your Lynx Touch will indicate your system connectivity to the WiFi as well as the signal strength of the connection. These function keys and icons might seem basic, but do not underestimate the need to know them. After all, you will be using these to navigate your device.
3. Prepare your WiFi device
There are two essential devices to connect your home security system to the Internet: Your Lynx Touch Honeywell security system device and your WiFi router to connect to the Internet. It is important that you make sure your WiFi router remains on at all times as it affects the WiFi-supported functions of your security system.
4. Ensure strong WiFi signal Place your WiFi in a good location to ensure strong and stable connection for your Lynx Touch. Remember that your WiFi and Internet connection must be consistent to sustain your burglar alarm system, which includes promptly receiving alarm reports to your mobile devices.
5. Decide between manual or WPS configuration
The two basic ways to connect your Wifi router to your Lynx Touch is through manual configuration and through your WiFi Protected Setup Network or WPS. Not all routers support WPS for the Lynx Touch. These two ways may follow different procedures, but both have the end result of making your home security system WiFi-supported.
6. Access the Master User screen of your Lynx Touch
From your Home Screen, select the “Security” icon in the upper left. Then, click the “More” icon in the bottom right. Select the “Tools” icon and enter your master user code. The master user code is provided by your dealer, so it’s important that you get your alarm system from a reliable source. Also, think long-term based on the technical support and services your dealer can provide.
Honeywell alarm system reviews rank Alarm System Store as the most trusted online dealer for its toll-free support, which is helpful should you need assistance for your system. The low-price guarantee and free-same day shipping on orders over $199 are also hard to beat, especially if you purchase additional devices for your system in the future.
7. Manually configure WiFi connection
At the Master User screen of your Lynx Touch, select the “WiFi Config” icon in the lower right corner. Then click the “Scan Access Point” to display all the available wireless networks. If your own wireless network device is not appearing on the list, simply click “Scan” or scroll down the screen to find it.
8. Select your wireless network device from the list displayed on the screen Click the “Edit” button and hit the “Key” tab. You will then be required to enter the complete pin or password you use for your WiFi. Click “Done” after encoding your WiFi password. You will now have to click “Join.” A confirmation screen will appear to inform you that your home security system is now linked to your WiFi. Select “OK,” then press the “Home” key. Manual configuration is done. Your Honeywell security system is now WiFi-supported. Follow steps 7 to 10 to connect your Lynx Touch to your WiFi network via WPS.
9. Connect through WPS connectivity
First, press the WPS button of your WiFi router. Wait for a few seconds until the button flashes.
10. Go over to your Lynx Touch
At the Master User screen, which you can access by following step 4, select the “WiFi Config” icon. Then click the WPS button. You will get a stand-by notice on the screen. Wait for a few seconds for the process to be completed. WPS configuration process is finished. It is advisable that you keep learning more about your WiFi-ready alarm system. For instance, you may try exploring other useful Honeywell Lynx 5200 features. Did you know that it can be used to call out for self-monitoring? It can even be paired with smartphone applications such as Lynx Connect and Total Connect 2.0 to help you remotely monitor and control your Honeywell security system.
Having the best house alarm system means having the power to monitor and control your home security status even when you are away. Setting up WiFi connectivity for your Honeywell Lynx L5200 ensures that your home security is within reach using Total Connect. Honeywell alarm system reviews confirm that beefing up home security by making it WiFi-supported provides users peace of mind because of the 24/7 access. With a WiFi-supported home security system, you have in your hands a powerful capacity to keep your property and loved ones safe at all times.