09 Jul 2015
- 0 Comment(s)
The Start in SAFE Check
The SAFE in SAFE Check stands for Start, Act on it, For some: repeat and Exit. The first step is Start where the process of adding, deleting or overwriting your alarm codes begins. To do that, press *5 on your keypad followed by the Master Code. If you have a new alarm model, the lock should show a red light. As for the older models, the armed light should go red and the word Program should flash.
Act on it
The A in SAFE Check stands for Act on it, which is the second step. This is the part where you will carry out whatever it is that you need to do regarding your alarm system’s one Master Code and user codes, with up to 94 slots depending on the model that you have.
To add a user code:
1. Look at your list of user codes which should have the position or slot number of the code, the name of the user, and the user code. You can add a user code to any slot as long as it is available. For instance, if you already have 10 existing user codes, then the available slots start from the 11th up to the number that your model allows.
2. Enter the number of the slot (01-94) that you’d like to put the new user code in. Following the earlier example, to create a new user code in the 11th slot, press 11 followed by the new user code. Take note, though, that you do not have to follow the slot numbers in order. If you want to place the new user code in the 20th slot, you can do so even if the 11th up to 19th slots are empty.
3. Enter the new user code.
4. Wait for the confirmation beep.
To delete a user code:
1. Enter the slot number (01-94) of the user code that you want to delete.
2. Press the * key. 3. Wait for the system to beep.
To change the Master Code:
1. Enter the number 40 on your keypad followed by the new four-digit Master Code.
2. Wait for the confirmation beep.
To change a User Code:
1. Enter the slot number (01-94) of the user code you’d like to overwrite.
2. Press the new user code. 3. Wait for the confirmation beep.
For some, repeat
1. This is the third step in SAFE Check — F means For some, repeat — which only applies to those who have more than one user code to add, delete or overwrite.
2. To add, delete or overwrite another code, simply repeat the process of adding, deleting or overwriting the first code after the system beeps.
3. Repeat as needed. But remember, wait for the confirmation beep before proceeding to the next user code.
The fourth letter in SAFE Check, E, stands for Exit. This is the next step after making sure that you have added, deleted or overwritten the codes. To exit and go back to the Main Menu, press # #.
Check in SAFE Check is the part where you will test the system if the changes were successfully made.
1. Once you are back on the Main Menu, wait for the green light.
2. If you added or changed codes, try each of the codes to see if they work. 3. If you deleted codes, try each of the deleted codes to verify that they are no longer recognized by the system.
Keep in mind these tips
1. You cannot change or delete any code without putting in the Master Code.
2. Take note of all of your user codes for easy reference when you add, delete, and overwrite codes.
3. The system does not accept the programming of consecutive numbers.
4. For the security of your Master and user codes, it is highly advised that you choose codes that cannot be easily guessed such as those based on your date of birth and contact details.
5. Create a separate code for each user. This will not only avoid confusion, but will also better help you keep tabs on the people using the alarm system.
Boost your alarm system
Resetting your DSC alarm system by adding, deleting, and overwriting codes is just one way of being in control of your home security. For added protection, you need to maintain your alarm system components in tip-top shape and to upgrade them as needed. Should you need to replace, upgrade, and expand your alarm security system, the Alarm System Store offers an amazing selection of DSC PowerSeries NEO kits and packages, alarm keypads, accessories, wireless sensors, and remotes. Avail of the free shipping for orders over $199 on top of the low-price guarantee. What’s more, feel free to ask for expert help from our representatives through our toll-free support.