What is the DSC WT4911 depassivation process and how do I do it?
For safety and storage reasons the batteries for the DSC WT4911B come in a state that keeps them from discharging. The process of depassivation puts the battery back in a usable state. To do this use the following steps:
- While plugging in the battery, hold the tamper switch closed.
- Once the battery is plugged in, continue holding down the tamper switch for 10 seconds.
- Release the tamper switch and within about 10 seconds the strobe should start flashing to indicate that it is in depassivation mode.
- Depassivation can take up to 30 minutes and potentially longer. After 30 minutes if it was successful, the siren will beep 3 times every 5 seconds. Press and release the tamper and the siren will beep and flash and then be in normal mode and ready for enrollment.
- If after 30 minutes the siren beeps only 1 time every 5 seconds, you will want to restart the depassivation by removing the battery and starting over from step 1.
- If you have tried a few times and the battery is still not successfully depassivating, the battery may need to be replaced.