How do I default the DSC 1616, 1832, or 1864 panel if I don’t have the installer code?
It is not uncommon to run into a case where someone has either accidentally changed their installer code, forgotten what they changed it to, or are trying to takeover a panel that was installed by an alarm company that changed the installer code. Luckily in just a few minutes any PowerSeries alarm system can be restored back to factory defaults using the hardware reset following these simple steps:
- Power down the system. You will need to unplug the transformer from the wall outlet as well as disconnecting the wires from the backup battery terminals.
- Remove all wires from the PGM1 and Z1 terminals. It is a good idea to label the wires before doing this so you know where they go.
- Using a short piece of wire, connect to both PGM1 and Z1.
- Power the system back on by plugging the power transformer back in. You can leave the battery disconnected for now. Wait 1 minute.
- After the minute is up, unplug the alarm from the AC source again.
- Remove the jumper wire from PGM1 and Z1. Then replace the wires that you removed in step 2.
- Power back up with both the AC and battery connected. The panel should be fully defaulted.
This process does not default the keypads or wireless receivers. You will still have the previous zone labels saved as well as the serial numbers for the wireless devices.