What’s the installation and programming steps for the Alarm.com SEM for Honeywell Vista?
- Ideally, you’ll do this before you order: verify that your Vista was produced in 2005 or later.
- After you receive the module and have ordered your Alarm.com service, you’ll want to contact us with the module’s IMEI and your panel’s installer code so that we can activate the module to facilitate the proper installation process. Please give at least 1 full business day for this activation.
- While you’re waiting for the device to be activated, you can make sure that address 23 is enabled and not being used by a keypad. Go into programming with your installer code followed by 800. Then enter *199, 10, and then *99 to exit programming.
- Mount and wire the SEM. Make sure that you remove the AC and backup battery before wiring. The trick here is that the +12V of the SEM needs to be connected directly to the positive terminal of the backup battery using the included red wire and fuse.
- Power the system up. After starting up, the keypad should start scrolling through the panel settings and zones. DO NOT touch the keypad. This is how the SEM detects and transmits the panel’s programming to Alarm.com. The keypad will display the main home screen. Continue to wait. After about 3 minutes you should hear a beep.
- Next you’ll need to change the master code so that Alarm.com can see that and use it for your interactive commands. To do this you can use installer code + 802 + master code.
- If you have user codes programmed and you want to be able to manage them through the Alarm.com interface, you’ll need to delete them out and then program them back in. This is the only way that the SEM can recognize user codes. It won’t be able to see any existing user codes.