What’s the installation and programming steps for the Alarm.com SEM for PowerSeries?
- The first thing you should do when you receive the SEM is to send us the IMEI and your panel’s installer code so that we can activate your SEM and Alarm.com account. If you want to use any information that is different from your order such as address or email, you’ll want to notify us of that as well. Send this information to email@example.com. You should wait a full business day before continuing to make sure that the SEM is ready to go.
- The next step is to mount and wire the SEM to the alarm panel. Make sure that the AC and battery backup are both unplugged from the security system before wiring the SEM. The Yellow, Green, and GND terminals on the SEM are wired to the YEL, GRN, and BLK terminals on the PowerSeries panel. The +12V terminal will connect with the included red wire with fuse and battery terminal connector directly to the backup battery.
- You will then plug the AC back in and reconnect the panel to the backup battery. The included red wire has a prong that will allow the panel to connect to the battery as well. After the system starts up fully the SEM should start going through the panel’s programming to detect everything. The process takes about 5 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your system. When it’s complete you will see the date and time and the green check and yellow triangle should be solid.
- If you have custom zone labels programmed, you will need to broadcast the labels for the SEM to detect them. To do this you will use *8 followed by the installer code and then * again. Now enter 998 and then press *. The keypad will take a minute to broadcast the labels.
- You can then login to your Alarm.com account to begin to customize your new account.
If you run into any issues, feel free to contact our tech support for guidance.